MANNA nourishes the mind, body and spirit of clients through our free nutrition counseling and home-delivered meal programs.
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT)
Proper nutrition is the basis of good health. We provide the tools and nutrition information that our client’s needs to empower themselves to make the best food choices.
MNT is available to all MANNA clients as well as to anyone who may be interested in nutrition counseling, free of charge. Designed to help people at nutritional risk develop practical food plans to stay as healthy as possible, MANNA dietitians address individual needs and concerns. Our dietitians specialize in wellness and utilize the Bio-electrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) test to assess individual’s body composition.
Nutrition counseling is provided at MANNA as well as over the phone when appropriate. To speak with one of our nutritionists, contact our Nutrition & Client Services department at 215-496-2662 x5.
- MANNA nutritionists are all members of the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics.
- MANNA is committed to promoting wellness through nutrition education for disease management in group education sessions both at MANNA and our partner organizations. A variety of topics can be covered in a counseling session including:
- Diet plans to control a medical diagnosis
- Unintentional gain or loss of weight
- Side effects from diseases or medications
- Nutrition for wound healing
- Making healthy food choices on a budgeet
Our Nutrition brochure provides an overview of our services:
Our meals are prepared daily from the highest quality ingredients and can be modified for our clients’ individual nutritional needs. We provide three meals a day; seven days a week. Meals are cooked in the MANNA kitchen and delivered frozen to ensure the safest and best quality product.
MANNA’s nutritionists work with you to get you the nutrition you need for diagnoses such as diabetes, heart disease and renal failure. Since illness affects everyone differently, our professional dietitians and chefs offer 11 meal modifications. The standard MANNA meal is heart healthy, high in protein and moderate in carbohydrates and fat to help nourish clients through the debilitating effects of their illness. We also accommodate several personal and/or religious preferences such as no pork, no seafood and no beef. For those clients with chewing difficulties, we accommodate with dental soft diets and pureed meals. However, please note that our meals are not vegan or vegetarian, kosher, gluten-free, nut-free, or macrobiotic .
Our meal program is a temporary service for all clients. The amount of time that each client receives the meals is based on individual needs and determined by our Nutrition & Client Services department. Clients are re-certified every six months to determine if additional time on the meal program is needed. The average length of our meal program is between six months and one year.
- MANNA dietitians and chefs oversee the care and preparation that goes into every meal.
- Our menus rely on important nutrition guidelines from the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society, and other nutrition experts.
- MANNA is dedicated to providing high-quality food prepared from quality ingredients.
- MANNA clients are also lovingly presented with birthday cakes on their birthdays and a bountiful meal delivered on Thanksgiving Day.
- MANNA supports dependent children and spouses.