Throughout the year, MANNA hosts volunteer groups from schools, colleges, religious organizations, and social and academic clubs. Corporate teams come to MANNA on a weekly basis as well.
Corporate-sponsored volunteers come from a wide variety of local businesses and are a integral part of MANNA’s volunteer workforce – however we do schedule groups in advance as the kitchen can only accommodate one group at a time. Some shifts fill up quickly. Please reserve early to ensure your desired shift.
Monday – Thursday Shifts:
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. | 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
10:00pm – 1:00pm
STEPS TO VOLUNTEER AS A GROUP:
- Please pick a date and shift (see above) when your group would like to volunteer.
- Contact Rob Saxon, Director of Events & Volunteer Services, or call 215-496-2662 x120 and schedule your shift.
- Once scheduled you will receive an email confirmation with all necessary information including a link to MANNA’s Group Volunteer Application.
- All members of your group must complete this application.
- Your group will be given an on-site orientation at the MANNA offices, 2323 Ranstead Street in Philadelphia, the day of your scheduled volunteer activity.
CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING:
MANNA takes corporate philanthropy and volunteering to the next level by offering a hands-on corporate team-building experience. Corporate teams come to the MANNA kitchen to nourish the lives of over 1,000 individuals in the Greater Philadelphia area who are battling life-threatening illnesses. This is achieved by chopping, dicing, baking and turning-out client meals in the MANNA kitchen. It is a transformative experience that develops interpersonal group skills that will last a lifetime.
MANNA offers morning, afternoon, evening and full-day team-building opportunities Monday through Thursday in the MANNA kitchen. Set your group up for success and be among the region’s leaders that are building their teams One Meal At A Time.
The MANNA team-building experience:
- Engages team in new tasks that foster bonds among members
- Team members leave MANNA with a tangible sense of accomplishment
- Experience builds leadership skills within the team
- Breaks down barriers between individuals through group participation and opens the channels of communication, improving morale
- Reinforces concept that a team is more powerful than the sum of its parts
- Individuals combine skills to meet challenges; giving all members a greater sense of ownership and belonging within the group
- Opportunity for staff and management to comingle outside of the office
- Imparts the idea that collectively, through volunteering, neighbors are nourishing neighbors and ultimately strengthening their own communities
For more information or to schedule a corporate team-building experience, contact Rob Saxon, Director of Events & Volunteer Services, or call 215-496-2662 x120.